Were looking for artists who have pieces that celebrate saving the earth and environmentalism. Art can be items made from recycled things that would otherwise be in the landfill, themes of endangered animals or parks, themes of the need for community gardens, etc. Please know this will be hosted at a private residence silent auction and installation requests must very simple. Paintings, photography, ceramics and items less than 25 lbs preferred. Pieces need not be framed, but must be presentation-ready. Art will be selected on the merit of the piece and also thematic grouping with other entries. Multiple entries or group submissions encouraged.
Selected artists will receive recognition in Vox Femina LAs concert program for “Cool Blue: Songs for a Green Earth” seen by over 200 music patrons at Zipper Hall on June 23rd and also as part of our garden party fundraiser on Sunday May 23rd. Vox Femina LA is a premier womens chorus performing a concert with an environmental theme. More information about our organization and concert is at: http://www.voxfeminala.org
To apply for Vox Femina’s “Cool Blue Art Silent Auction,” please provide the following information by FRIDAY MAY 7, 2010 11:59pm for review. Results will be announced via email on WED MAY 12, 2010. You must be able to deliver (or arrange for delivery) of your item(s) to us at one of 2 times: Tuesday May 18 7:00-7:20pm (Koreatown) OR Saturday May 22 1pm-3pm (Altadena). If you have multiple entries, each piece should have a separate application with all of the following information:
1. Art piece name
2. Description (1-2 paragraphs max)
3. Size and any special handling
4. Digital photo of the art or link to a webpage with a photo of your piece
5. Your name, address, email, phone, and short 3-5 sentence artist’s bio.
6. Would you like to donate this piece for a tax-deductible contribution to Vox Femina LA (music 501c3 nonprofit)? If yes, please name the fair market value. and skip to question 8.
7. Would you like to sell this piece on consignment? Please name your wholesale/charity price, and we will add 25% for the starting bid. (Please note: If your piece is not sold, please coordinate with us for your pickup after the event. We are a volunteer organization and cannot deliver.)
8. Which day can you deliver your piece? Tues May 18 (Koreatown) or Sat May 22 (Altadena)
Please send this application with answers to all 8 questions to Jennifer Cheng, Art Silent Auction Coordinator, as soon as possible for best entry options and NO LATER THAN FRIDAY MAY 7 11:59pm. Entries must have completed answers to be considered. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Art Auction Entry.
Thank you for supporting fellow artists in the music world and we look forward to seeing your submissions!